For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Well this is so funky...

...my blog has taken on a new look, which I am not at all happy with and although I was involved in it's change, I do not know if I like it...

Tut tut! Too much of a thing has been done by so few for so many, or something like that. And in the vernacular, I am flumoxed...

Get the Official Dictionary.com Toolbar
Word of the Day for Sunday, June 13, 2010

vernacular \ver-NAK-yuh-ler\, noun:

1. The plain variety of language in everyday use.
2. The language or vocabulary peculiar to a class or profession.
3. The native speech or language of a place.
4. Any medium or mode of expression that reflects popular taste or indigenous styles.


The vuvuzela (English pronunciation: /vuːvuːˈzeɪlə/) , sometimes called a "lepatata" (its Setswana name) or a stadium horn, is a blowing horn approximately 1 m (3 ft 3 in) in length. It is commonly blown by fans at football matches in South Africa.[1] The instrument requires some lip and lung strength to blow and emits a loud monotone (B♭3). A similar instrument (known as corneta in Brazil and other Latin American countries) is used by football fans in South America.[2] Vuvuzelas have been controversial.[3] They have been associated with noise-induced permanent hearing loss,[4] cited as a possible safety risk when spectators cannot hear evacuation announcements,[5] and potentially spread colds and flu viruses on a greater scale than coughing or shouting.[6][7] Commentators have described the sound as "annoying" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants,"[8] "a deafening swarm of locusts,"[9] "a goat on the way to slaughter"[10] and "a giant hive full of very angry bees."

Now that is called, "blowing the whistle" - if you can blow your Vuvuzela!

No comments: