For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Well I never...

I have, of course, been neglecting my duties...
Quote of the Week

“We must remember that former President Nelson Mandela was a constitutionalist. He believed, in his own words, that the Constitution was a “sacred covenant”. Like all true democrats, Mandela knew that real liberation requires the powerful to be bound by a constitution that limits their power. Without his leadership, our nation’s founding compact – which puts power in the hands of the people instead of the politicians – would never have emerged.”

Helen Zille in her recent SA Today Newsletter, ‘We must honour Mandela by upholding his values’

And what values does our ex State-President hold true!
The Constitution of our land - bloody marvelous.

Word of the Day for Wednesday, July 21, 2010

occlude \uh-KLOOD\, verb:

1. To shut in, out, or off.
2. Physical Chemistry. (Of certain metals and other solids) to incorporate (gases and other foreign substances), as by absorption or adsorption.
3. Dentistry. To shut or close, with the cusps of the opposing teeth of the upper and lower jaws fitting together.

And do I not have such problems with my own vision
Seeing is believing, or so they say, and as my brother always says, "you can take a horse to water, but you can't make hime drink."

Better late than never and yesterday is gone forever...

In Memorium, Janine will be remembered at the Sundays River Valley Anglican Church Friday, 23 July 2010

No comments: