For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A bright day!

This is me on the cutting edge!
Bryce Courteney and The Power of One.

Word of the Day for Tuesday, March 31, 2009

contretemps \KAHN-truh-tahn\, noun;
plural contretemps \-tahnz\:

An inopportune or embarrassing situation or event; a hitch.

<23:45> and what a 'contretemps' has arisen - canadian, one of my best and most long standing friends, on the internet chat site, is no more :(
What follows is a poem which has brought the smile to my face amidst all the sadness! I love you canadian and wish that only the best can happen to your family.

"THE ROSE BEYOND THE WALL

A rose once grew where all could see,
sheltered beside a garden wall,
And, as the days passed swiftly by,
it spread its branches, straight and tall...

One day, a beam of light shone through
a crevice that had opened wide -
The rose bent gently toward its warmth
then passed beyond to the other side...

Now, you who deeply feel its loss,
be comforted - the rose blooms there -
Its beauty even greater now,
nurtured by God's own loving care"

ANON


No comments: