For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Blues...no never!

World War I officially ended with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles on 28 June 1919

Well this was yesterdays, incomplete, post


Word of the Day
 
August 4
 
 
hoodwinkAudio Pronunciation\HOOD-wink\
 
DEFINITION
 
verb
 
:
to deceive by false appearance : dupe

A now-obsolete sense of the word "wink" is "to close one's eyes," and "hoodwink" once meant to cover the eyes of someone, such as a prisoner, with a hood or blindfold. ("Hoodwink" was also once a name for the game of blindman's buff.) This 16th-century term soon came to be used figuratively for veiling the truth. "The Public is easily hood-winked," wrote the Irish physician Charles Lucas in 1756, by which time the figurative use had been around for almost a century and a half. Over two hundred and fifty years later, this meaning of the word hasn't changed a wink.

No comments: