For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Guy Fawkes

A nasty plot that was burnt at the stake and to this day ppeople celebrate it by letting of fireworks, with a big bang!

A sad state that we continue with to this very day...

Hi Neil,
Trevor tagged you in a post.

Trevor wrote: "Well after two beers at the Fat Cactus I felt I was gonna puke by the time I go to the top of the Station Road bridge. Probably nothing for you cycling heroes, but a testy little uphill for a unfit slob like me. At least I got in a bit of cardio as the rest of the 8 minute ride home was flat.

So I figure the Fat Cactus might be a beneficiary of my attempts to get a little cycle fit. Since cycling to work and back is a bit short for any kind of work out I will go to Fat Cactus every day and work on my time for the ride home each day. Baby steps is what its called and I am sure Neil Anthony Hughes from whom I am purchasing this fine cycle would agree."

Ain't that the truth...


climacteric \klahy-mak-TER-ik\, noun:
1. A critical period.
2. Physiology: a period of decrease of reproductive capacity in men and women, culminating, in women, in the menopause.
3. A year in which important changes in health, fortune, etc., are held by some theories to occur, as one's sixty-third year
4. The period of maximum respiration in a fruit, during which it becomes fully ripened.

No comments: