For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Another day has launched and my position is to move forward

What shall I post here today?

The reference is to Helen of Troy in the famous 'Iliad"

Helen was wooed by many, but was finally married to King Menelaus of Sparta. She was seduced by Paris, a Trojan prince and carried off to Troy. Menelaus was not prepared to see her go lightly and launched a thousand ships to go to Troy and get her back.

Hence the phrase that Helen had the "face that launched a thousand ships"


Quiz: Movember's greatest hits on TCM
By DStv Online | Fri, 01 Nov 2013



Happy 1 November! Do you know what time of the year it is? If you don’t know already it’s Movember and TCM is excited to be celebrating all things Mo’tastic in their movie lineup this month.

The latest thing
Word of the Day
 
November 9
 
 
enormity\ih-NOR-muh-tee\
 
 
noun
 
1:
great wickedness
 
2:
an outrageous or immoral act or offense
 
3 :
very large size
 
4 :
the quality of great impact or importance

No comments: