For the Grace of God

Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day & live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

oh, hello...

We have a saying in South Africa that, if things are going really well with somebody, we would say that, that person is "in the pound seats". Any idea were it comes from?

My guess is that it comes from the times when SA used SA pounds as the currency. A cinema or theatre seat that cost a pound in those days was likely to be among the best in the house; ie the person who could afford such a seat was likely to be doing very well financially.


fanfaronade \fan-fair-uh-NAYD; -NOD\, noun:

1. Swaggering; empty boasting; blustering manner or behavior; ostentatious display.
2. Fanfare.

No comments: